Re: The New Pali Course Part III [45/120]

    Message 1 of 102 , May 9, 2011
      Dear Nina and friends,

      Buddhaana.m sammukha.t.thaane pana .thitaa vaa nisinnaa vaa ito vaa etto vaa na honti,
      [They] are not at a place in the presence of the Buddhas but standing or sitting or here or there,

      buddhaviithiyaa dviisu passesu niccalaava* ti.t.thanti.
      [they] remain on the two sides of the Buddha's path, as if [they are] motionless.

      * niccalaava = niccalaa-iva

      Citto gahapati mahanta.m buddhaviithi.m okkami.
      Citta the householder left the great Buddha's path.

      Tiini phalaani pattena ariyasaavakena olokita-olokita.t.thaana.m kampi.
      The place taken care of and looked after by the noble disciple [who] attained the three fruitions shook.

      The first sentence is from Baalavagga/Cittagahapativatthu referencing verses 73&74: asanta.m bhaavanamiccheyya...

      [Comm.] Buddhaana.m sammukha.t.thaane pana .thitaa vaa nisinnaa vaa ito vaa etto vaa na honti, buddhaviithiyaa dviisu passesu niccalaava ti.t.thanti. Citto gahapati mahanta.m buddhaviithi.m okkami. Tiini phalaani pattena ariyasaavakena olokita-olokita.t.thaana.m kampi.
    • Bryan Levman
      Message 102 of 102 , Jul 26, 2011
        Thanks Nina for the explanation. You certainly know more about this material (Abhidhamma) than I do,

        Metta, Bryan