Re: [Pali] A Frequency Dictionary of Pali: Core Vocabulary for Learners

  • SARAH CONNELL
    Message 1 of 3 , May 6 12:18 AM
      Dear BKh, Nina and group,
      I only recently joined this group as I desire to learn to read the Pali texts. I
      just perused the Amazon site which allowed me to preview some of the book you
      mentioned, BKh. It looks as though it may be of a help to me.I am in the process
      of moving at the end of the month but plan to order this book then. It also
      clarified for me some of the grammar used in Pali. I have been following a
      discussion between Nina and Hun on the DSG group re Anusaya and use of ablative.
      I believe that the many years (10 years) of study of the Latin language will be
      of benefit to me as it appears that its grammar structure is similar to the
      structure in Pali. Please correct me if I am wrong on that, Nina.

      May you be well and happy and always smiling,

      Sarah Jane

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 3 , May 10 7:11 AM
        Dear Sarah C,
        Welcome here, good to see you.
        Latin and Greek help as a foundation. One acquires a certain skill to
        look at constructions, looking at the verb that is at the end, etc.
        But still we have to study Pali grammar.
        I hope you found your way on the homepage: put the cursor on the
        green bar at the top for drop down menues and under Pali scope you
        will find several grammars.
        Success with your study.
        You can always ask questions here.
        Nina.
        Op 6-mei-2011, om 9:18 heeft SARAH CONNELL het volgende geschreven: