Re: [Pali] The New Pali Course Part III [46/120]

  • Bryan Levman
    Message 1 of 102 , May 1, 2011

      >(b) to the object:

      >"Yo me ~naa.na.m pakittesi pasanno sena cetasaa,

      >Tam aha.m kittayissaami."

      >YP: "Whatever / to me / wisdom / proclaimed / clear / ??? / by the mind

      >that I shall relate."

      >YP: need help with 'sena'.

      He who has proclaimed wisdom to me, purified, I will praise him with my own mind (sena = svaya.m; see sa 4 in PED).

      (1) An adverb: "Sukha.m supanti munayo", or

      (2) An adverbial phrase: Bhagavati Jetavane viharante bahuu deva-manussaa ta.m namassi.msu.

      (1) The sages sleep happily/comfortably.
      (2) When the Blessed One was staying in the Jetavana, many gods and men paid homage to him.

      Metta, Bryan

      .

    • Bryan Levman
      Message 102 of 102 , Jul 26, 2011
        Thanks Nina for the explanation. You certainly know more about this material (Abhidhamma) than I do,

        Metta, Bryan