Re: [Pali] Digest Number 2974

  • Buddhayatana
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 29, 2011
      The only book with part of the Cambodian Canon that I have come across
      is the bilingual Pali-French publication of the first three suttas of
      the Digha-Nikaya, translated by the prestigious Jules Bloch, Jean
      Filliozat and Louis Renou. It shows the variantions relative to the
      Burmese and PTS versions.

      Edition Maisonneuve, Librairie d'Amérique et d'Orient, Paris 1989, ISBN
      2-7200-0218-6

      The remainder of their translation was unfortunately lost after a
      computer crash.

      I hope someone else has since then tried to go further from this
      excellent start.

      Mettâ.

      Jîvasattha

      On 2011.04.29 18:39, Pali@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      > There is 1 message in this issue.
      >
      > Topics in this digest:
      >
      > 1. Pali Tipitaka editions
      > From: Bryan Levman
      >

      > Message
      > 1. Pali Tipitaka editions
      > Posted by: "Bryan Levman" bryan.levman@... bryan.levman
      > Date: Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:32 am ((PDT))
      >
      > Dear Friends,
      >
      > I have been looking into the various editions of the canon available:
      >
      > 1) there is the Burmese sixth council Chat.t.ha San.gaayana, www.tipitaka.org/romn/
      > 2) the Sri Lanka Jayanti edition, www.bodhgayanews.net/pali.htm
      > 3) the Thailand edition, www.tipitakastudies.net/tipitaka/11M/3/3.8
      >
      > Is anyone aware of the Cambodian edition and whether this is on line?
      >
      > Also I have come across something called PALI TEXT version 1.0: CD-ROM Database of the Entire Buddhist Pali Canon which I believe is the PTS edition. Does anyone know if this is available on line? or must it be purchased?
      >
      > Has anyone ever seen an edition of the Laos or Vietnamese canon?
      >
      > Thanks for your help,
      >
      > Metta,
      >
      > Bryan

      > Messages in this topic (1)

      > Paa.li-Parisaa - The Pali Collective

      Buddhayatana, Kangaroo Island
      http://www.buddhayatana.org
      Gabriel Jivasattha et Jacqueline Jivarakkhi
      phone +61 8 8553 7442 , fax +61 8 8553 7444
      mob. ph. +61 4 2743 5148

      email: seayu@...
      34 Falie court
      PO box 281, American River, Kangaroo Island
      South Australia 5221

      time zone GMT +09h30 (allow for +1h
      when it is "summer time" in South Australia)

      "a'niccaa vata san'khaaraa"
      "impermanent are structural processes"
      "instables sont les flux structurels"
      - the Buddha
    • Bryan Levman
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 29, 2011
        Dear Ven. Jīvasattha,

        Thanks very much for this reference; I will look it up,

        Metta, Bryan