DPR & Warder's Intro to Pali

  • vicahro
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2011
      Dear Friends,

      Ven. Yuttadhammo has kindly offered to perform the necessary formatting to make the Pali exercises in Warder's Introduction to Pali accessible through DPR for revision while using the course.

      I have a copy of John Kelly's Answers which I can extract the Pali from without too much trouble but I wanted to check if anyone already had a file of the plain Pali, or was aware of any errors in JK's text?

      If anyone has the plain Pali of other course's, e.g. Ven. Buddhadatta's New Pali Course I'll forward those too.

      Please email me personally if you can help.

      I'll update the group if I'm successful.

      Regards, Vicaro
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 4, 2011
        Dear Vicaro,

        I understand that over these years, John had reviewed and updated his answers, including some corrections. He had also completed more questions than what he originally posted to the group.

        Our plan was to roll over these answers as the group continues with Warder's book, which I definitely will do so later this year.

        Hopefully, John read your message and respond to you soon. Otherwise, you may contact him offlist.

        --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, <vicaro@...> wrote:

        I have a copy of John Kelly's Answers which I can extract the Pali from without too much trouble but I wanted to check if anyone already had a file of the plain Pali, or was aware of any errors in JK's text?
      • palistudent
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 9, 2011
          Dear Vicaro and Yong Peng,

          So far I have only done the Warder exercises complete to end of chapter 21 and part of chapter 22. My file has the Pali and translation altogether in a trilinear format, which it appears you have already. I don't have a file with the Pali only.

          As to accuracy, I can't absolutely guarantee the Pali is all transcribed 100% correctly in my solutions, but in general I am pretty thorough and careful, so I have a fairly high degree of confidence that it is accurate for the most part.

          With metta,
          John