a good tool -- Pali-Chinese-English Dictionary (PCED)

  • path_traveller
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 22, 2011
      Dhamma greetings. Serached on the group and found no post about this dictionary (actually it's more than a dictionary). So i think it's good to share, maybe someone likes to check it out. The PCED is now in ver 1.92. It contains at least 89000 items taken from 14 Pali dictionaries. It also provides full-text search on the Pali canon with Chinese translation. You could search a word in the canon (based on VRI version) or read the text & click on a word to lookup. More functions awaits to be explored. It's freeware, available for download at:

      http://onlinedhamma.net/anicca/pali-course/Pali-Chinese-English%20Dictionary.html

      It provides English interface.

      A brief intro is available here, though in Chiense.
      http://opanayika.pixnet.net/blog/post/482336

      virtually with real metta,
    • frank
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 23, 2011
        Very Cool! I like the convenience of double clicking a word from the
        sutta to instantly pull up the dictionary.
        -Frank