Question 5 about "Visudhi~naan.a-kathaa "

  • tzungkuen
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 24, 2002
      Dear Dhammafriends
      There is a sentence in the Visudhi~naan.a-kathaa by Mahasi Sayadaw:

      tasmaa tad eva kha.nikasamaadhi.m upacaara-naamena voharitvaa tannibattaka-kamma.t.thanani pi ‘upac?rakamma.t.thaanaanii’ti tattha vuttaani.

      which is translated by Nyanaponika Thera as

      (therefore that same momentary concentration is spoken of by the name of "access" (or "neighbourhood") and also the meditation subjects that produce that momentary concentration are called "meditation subjects leading to access concentration.)

      But the word ‘tannibattaka’ is not found in PED, Maybe it comes from ( ta.m + bibbattati) , I am not sure, Could somebody help me?

      with metta

      Tzungkuen