Re: [Pali] Re: Index of Pali endings

  • Peter Hauer
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 14, 2011
      Thanks, Stephen, let me have your original 300dpi version and I'll return you an
      e-text version including the Japanese text within a day or so.

      Best,
      Peter

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 16, 2011
        Dear Stephen & Pali Group members,

        Here is my OCR transcript of your scan files. I arranged everything in such a
        way that the Japanese text strings can easily be replaced with text strings in
        English or another language.

        Please re-check and let me know if there are still conversion errors or typos (I
        guess there are). Thanks.

        Best regards,
        Peter

        ________________________________

        > I tried to download these scan images but the resolution (72dpi) is so low
        > that
        > the text can hardly be read by a human eye and even less by OCR software.
        > I'd
        > volunteer to render the Pali-Japanese text into normal e-text (i.e., a DOC
        > or
        > RTF file) if someone could come up with good-quality (300dpi) scan images.
        >
        > Best regards,
        > Peter
        >

        > ________________________________

      • frank
        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 17, 2011
          Hi Peter,
          Was the OCR able to get readable output from stephen's 300dpi files?

          -Frank

          On 2/14/2011 1:50 PM, Peter Hauer wrote:

          > Thanks, Stephen, let me have your original 300dpi version and I'll
          > return you an
          > e-text version including the Japanese text within a day or so.
          >
          > Best,
          > Peter
          >
          > ________________________________

        • Stephen Hodge
          Message 4 of 16 , Feb 18, 2011
            Dear Peter,

            Thanks for your efforts ~ all received safely.

            So you read Japanese too ~ useful for Buddhist studies.

            Best wishes,
            Stephen

            > Here is my OCR transcript of your scan files. I arranged everything in
            > such a
            > way that the Japanese text strings can easily be replaced with text
            > strings in
            > English or another language.
            >
            > Please re-check and let me know if there are still conversion errors or
            > typos (I
            > guess there are). Thanks.
            >
            > Best regards,
            > Peter
            >

            > ________________________________

          • Peter Hauer
            Message 5 of 16 , Feb 19, 2011
              Dear Stephen,

              I'll be glad if the index turns out to be useful for members of our Group and
              for other Pali learners.

              As I wrote already off-list to Frank, it would be nice to find some volunteers
              to replace the Japanese renderings with English, Chinese, or other languages. I
              could offer my help to do the translation into German.

              Which other linguistic skills do we have in our Group? Sinhala, anyone?

              And yes, I read Japanese and Chinese - and my OCR software does so, too ;-)
              If there's a need in the future for similar transcripts from East Asian
              languages, just let me know.

              Best regards,
              Peter