tipitaka in downloadable epub format

  • frank
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 11, 2011
      I found this on nibbanam.com:
      http://books.nibbanam.com/epubs.htm

      The epub format is for portable devices such as ipad, kindle and other
      electronic ink readers, and some smartphones.
      Although I think kindle does not support epub, but there's free
      software available that can convert from epub to a format a kindle can
      read.

      I may get an e-ink reader such as a kindle someday. It's getting almost
      cheap enough (139$) to be in impulse buy. The advantage of e-ink is you
      can read for 3-4 hours before your eyes get tired due to eyestrain,
      compared to 1-2 hours in a normal LCD display for example. Also, the
      e-ink is readable outdoors under real sun light, unlike laptops.