Re: [Pali] Pali lemmatizer

  • frank
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2011
      Hi Rosa,
      I don't even know what a lemmatizer is and had to look it up in
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemmatisation . But it sure sounds
      interesting. How does it work? I'd guess you give it the declension
      tables as the rules, and it checks the suffix of every word in the
      tipitaka to build a list of potential lemmas? Please let us know what
      you find out.
      -Frank

      On 1/31/2011 12:49 AM, Rosa Grau wrote:

      > Dear Pali group, just one question to all:
      >
      > Is there anybody here working on a Pali lemmatizer or does anybody
      > know if someone is involved in such a project?
      >
      > Thank you,
      >
      > Rosa

    • Rosa Grau
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1 3:18 AM
        Frank,

        Just to give you an idea, here you can see an annotated corpus that has been
        compiled for Sanskrit:

        http://kjc-fs-cluster.kjc.uni-heidelberg.de/dcs/index.php

        Rosa

        _____