Pali lemmatizer

  • Rosa Grau
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2011
      Dear Pali group, just one question to all:

      Is there anybody here working on a Pali lemmatizer or does anybody know if someone is involved in such a project?

      Thank you,

      Rosa

    • frank
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 31, 2011
        Hi Rosa,
        I don't even know what a lemmatizer is and had to look it up in
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemmatisation . But it sure sounds
        interesting. How does it work? I'd guess you give it the declension
        tables as the rules, and it checks the suffix of every word in the
        tipitaka to build a list of potential lemmas? Please let us know what
        you find out.
        -Frank

        On 1/31/2011 12:49 AM, Rosa Grau wrote:

        > Dear Pali group, just one question to all:
        >
        > Is there anybody here working on a Pali lemmatizer or does anybody
        > know if someone is involved in such a project?
        >
        > Thank you,
        >
        > Rosa

      • Rosa Grau
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1, 2011
          Frank,

          Just to give you an idea, here you can see an annotated corpus that has been
          compiled for Sanskrit:

          http://kjc-fs-cluster.kjc.uni-heidelberg.de/dcs/index.php

          Rosa

          _____