Re: The New Pali Course Part III [42/120]

    Message 1 of 35 , Jan 25, 2011
      Dear Nina,

      personally I don't think it is necessary to "repost" the answers unless there will be significant discussions on top of our previous postings.

      Members and viewers who like to look up earlier messages can either use the message archive [1] or message thread history [2].

      Yahoo! users should be familiar with these but I will just remind:

      [2] message thread history: click on any message, and scroll down to the bottom of the page

      Alternatively, a book structure set of links can be found here: http://www.tipitaka.net/pali/synthesis/pali3.00.cdv

      Referring to your post, the two messages containing the original postings are here:

      I note that I did not answer questions 9 and 18, which were left open. I believe you took up the challenge and provided your answers in subsequent posts. I also recall we have some ensuing discussion on question 18.

      For future exercises, I will be grouping the questions and glossaries together, to address your concern of puzzled faces and minds, and also in a way spread the questions over more postings. I will leave two questions, instead of one, open to members. The idea is not only to generate some discussion, but also allow others to have direct contribution to the online learning of Pali. I will keep it at two now, but may increase the number if we see better response, or if there is a direct request from a member to do the hard work. ;-)

      I tried to look up the sentences referred to, but could not find anymore 7-9, 18. I render now from 10 in order to help those who did not do these exercises.
      Message 35 of 35 , Jan 26, 2011
        Dear Yong Peng,
        Op 26-jan-2011, om 13:41 heeft Ong Yong Peng het volgende geschreven:

        > As mentioned earlier, I will in future put question and its
        > glossaries together. This is not the exact way the book is
        > organised, which keeps the questions and glossaries apart. But, in
        > the Internet environment, the book has to be adapted. There will
        > also be not "wait time" for the glossaries to be posted weeks after
        > the questions. I hope this approach will be more helpful for you
        > and other members.
        -----
        N: Thank you for your concern, don't worry about me. I had actually
        fun looking up the messages. But what you suggest now makes things
        easier. I am not so sure everybody follows these exercises and I like
        to make fellow members enthusiastical. Anyway, you take a lot of
        trouble to keep things going.