The New Pali Course Part III [42/120]

    Message 1 of 35 , Jan 24, 2011
      The New Pali Course Part III (1950)
      Prof. A. P. Buddhadatta Maha Nayaka Thera

      Chapter III Passive Forms

      7. Nibbhoga, useless; worn out.

      9. This braahman, Sona.da.n.da, is afflicted in his heart. I had better question him on his own doctrine concerning the threefold Vedic lore.

      10. "According, friends, to the signs now seen -- the light that ariseth, the radiance that appeareth -- Brahmaa will be manifested." [D.B.ii,242]

      12. Apubba.m acarima.m, simultaneously, (not being earlier or later).

      13. Jagatippadeso, any spot on the earth.

      14. Ja~n~na-ja~n~na.m viya, like an agreeable thing.

      15. O monks, this holy life is not lived to cheat or cajole people.

      16. Sare sannayhi.msu, arranged the (bows and) arrows (in order to shoot).

      17. "They are bound fast by chains of their own views;
      The stream of craving carries them away.
      And as the stream of craving carries them,
      They do not get release from suffering." [P.P.727]

      18. (a) Anekasaakha.m...chatta.m, a parasol with numerous ribs (or staves) and having thousand shades.
      (b) Suva.n.nada.n.daa caamaraa, chowries with golden handles.
      (c) Viitipatanti, fly up and down.

      ref: http://www.tipitaka.net/pali/synthesis/pali3.00.cdv
      Message 35 of 35 , Jan 26, 2011
        Op 26-jan-2011, om 13:41 heeft Ong Yong Peng het volgende geschreven:

        > As mentioned earlier, I will in future put question and its
        > glossaries together. This is not the exact way the book is
        > organised, which keeps the questions and glossaries apart. But, in
        > the Internet environment, the book has to be adapted. There will
        > also be not "wait time" for the glossaries to be posted weeks after
        > the questions. I hope this approach will be more helpful for you
        > and other members.
        -----
        N: Thank you for your concern, don't worry about me. I had actually
        fun looking up the messages. But what you suggest now makes things
        easier. I am not so sure everybody follows these exercises and I like
        to make fellow members enthusiastical. Anyway, you take a lot of
        trouble to keep things going.