Re: Raahulovaadasutta

  • Ong Yong Peng <ypong001@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 24, 2002

      thanks for writing. I would like to say that I am a beginner on Pali
      too, and my study is rather inconsistent, which explains why there
      isn't much progress although I am into Pali for about four years.

      I would really appreciate if more people would come forward and
      participate by posting translation of the sutta in little chunks
      (single sentence or paragraph), and comment/correct/improve on what
      has been translated.

      I will continue and carry on from where we left off. In the
      meanwhile, I am putting up an online version of pali grammatical
      terms abstracted from a book by Ven. Nanamoli. It should be ready by
      Christmas day. At the same time, I am in the process of transferring
      Tipitaka.net to a new web host. It has grown to just a few hundred
      kbytes short of the 30 Mbytes space. I have found another host with
      lower price giving more space and better software support. In the new
      year, I hope to put up more reading articles, and expand the projects
      that we are currently undertaking, renew the weblink page, and build
      the site into online community (this will take some time, and require
      more software resouces).

      So much for now. And happy holidays.

      --- nina van gorkom wrote:
      I very much appreciated the texts of the Raahulovaadasutta. I have
      received only the beginning (where Dmitri helped out, najja=nu
      ajja)), and I am looking forward to the next issues. I want to read
      Pali as much as possible.

      I did not follow the thread from the beginning. What should we
      students do with the text? Read only or write a translation?