Re: [Pali] The New Pali Course Part III [40/120]

    Message 1 of 35 , Dec 7, 2010
      Thank you very much. I start with the last one (later on I will study
      the preceding ones) you suggest that we do this one. I could use the
      translation by Norman, but still have a puzzle.
      Op 7-dec-2010, om 15:22 heeft Ong Yong Peng het volgende geschreven:

      > 18. "Anekasaakha~n ca sahassa-ma.n.dala.m
      > Chatta.m maruu dhaarayum antalikkhe;
      > Suva.n.na-da.n.daa viitipatanti caamaraa
      > Na dissare caamara-chatta-gaahakaa." [SN.v.688]
      >
      > * Feel free to post your answer to the group. *
      ------
      N: <And the gods held in the sky an umbrella with many ribs and a
      thousand circles.
      Yaktail fans with golden handles fluttered up and down. The holders
      of the umbrella and the fans were invisible.>
      Na dissare: from dissati, passive of dassati. This example is even in
      PED under dassati. But the form: dissare: must be an adjective? with
      a sandhi? I would expect: di.t.thaa. The ending -e is strange.

      Message 35 of 35 , Jan 26, 2011
        Op 26-jan-2011, om 13:41 heeft Ong Yong Peng het volgende geschreven:

        > As mentioned earlier, I will in future put question and its
        > glossaries together. This is not the exact way the book is
        > organised, which keeps the questions and glossaries apart. But, in
        > the Internet environment, the book has to be adapted. There will
        > also be not "wait time" for the glossaries to be posted weeks after
        > the questions. I hope this approach will be more helpful for you
        > and other members.
        -----
        N: Thank you for your concern, don't worry about me. I had actually
        fun looking up the messages. But what you suggest now makes things
        easier. I am not so sure everybody follows these exercises and I like
        to make fellow members enthusiastical. Anyway, you take a lot of
        trouble to keep things going.