Fwd: Sanskrit Dhammapada?

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 11, 2002

      does anyone know of a Sanskrit version of the Dhammapada? Please help
      Kiran with his query. Thanks.

      --- kiranbr.rm wrote:
      > Dear Friend,
      >
      > I am looking for a Sanskrit version of the Dhammapada. Can you kindly
      >
      > let me know where I can find it?
      >
      > Many thanks
      > Kiran

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com
    • Bruce Burrill
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 11, 2002
        The Udanavarga. There exists a book that has the Pali, some other Prakrit
        (Gandhari?), Sanskrit and Chinese versions of the Dhammapada in the
        original languages. I am sorry that I cannot any less vague then that.

        As small Theosophical publishing house, Concord Grove Press, has done a
        translation of the Pali and the Udanavarga and a parts of a Chinese
        version, "The Dhammapada with the Udanavarga," ed by Raghavan Iyer.
        Ignporing the Theosophical essays, the translations are good, though there
        is no scholarly apparatus. It is available via used books and it is not a
        bad addition to one's library, though it would be fun to have the
        Udnavarga's original language with each verse.

        At 06:23 AM 12/11/02 -0800, you wrote:
        >Dear friends,
        >
        >does anyone know of a Sanskrit version of the Dhammapada? Please help
        >Kiran with his query. Thanks.
        >
        >metta,
        >Yong Peng.
        >
        >--- kiranbr.rm wrote:
        > > Dear Friend,
        > >
        > > I am looking for a Sanskrit version of the Dhammapada. Can you kindly
        > >
        > > let me know where I can find it?
        > >
        > > Many thanks
        > > Kiran

        >http://mailplus.yahoo.com

      • Ong Teng Kee
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 13, 2002
          There is Patna (prakrit )dhammapada in Journal of PTS by Cone and also by Barua in Indian publication.

          > The Udanavarga. There exists a book that has the Pali, some other Prakrit
          > (Gandhari?), Sanskrit and Chinese versions of the Dhammapada in the
          > original languages. I am sorry that I cannot any less vague then that.
          >
          > As small Theosophical publishing house, Concord Grove Press, has done a
          > translation of the Pali and the Udanavarga and a parts of a Chinese
          > version, "The Dhammapada with the Udanavarga," ed by Raghavan Iyer.
          > Ignporing the Theosophical essays, the translations are good, though there
          > is no scholarly apparatus. It is available via used books and it is not a
          > bad addition to one's library, though it would be fun to have the
          > Udnavarga's original language with each verse.
          >
          > At 06:23 AM 12/11/02 -0800, you wrote:
          > >Dear friends,
          > >
          > >does anyone know of a Sanskrit version of the Dhammapada? Please help
          > >Kiran with his query. Thanks.
          > >
          > >metta,
          > >Yong Peng.
          > >
          > >--- kiranbr.rm wrote:
          > > > Dear Friend,
          > > >
          > > > I am looking for a Sanskrit version of the Dhammapada. Can you kindly
          > > >
          > > > let me know where I can find it?
          > > >
          > > > Many thanks
          > > > Kiran

          > >Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now.
          > >http://mailplus.yahoo.com

          http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

          Meet Singles
          http://corp.mail.com/lavalife