having bathed in NPC

  • Dhammadarsa
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 28, 2010
      Ven/Kind Sirs and Ladies

      Which is correct for "having bathed":

      Nahaatvaa, as on page 36

      Or

      Nahaayitvaa, as in Ex 13 A No.8 page 40?

      According to the instructions for forming absolutives in the text, I think
      the second one is, but it only occurs the once in the book, which is in that
      exercise. Everywhere else in the book the first one occurs.

      I can understand if both are acceptable, but I think the book should be
      consistent, to make life a bit easier for the beginner. Both can be found in
      the PED and the infinitive is given there as nahaayitu.m.

      Kind Regards

      <http://www.vicnet.net.au/~dhammadarsa> Integrating Emotion and Intellect =
      Intelligence

      Dhammadarsa [Darsa] Bhikkhu
      Buddhist Monk

      Mahachulalongkornrajavidyalaya University
      Wang Noi
      Ayuthaya
      Thailand

      <http://www.vicnet.net.au/~dhammadarsa> www.vicnet.net.au/~dhammadarsa

      mobile:

      +66850941669

      <https://www.plaxo.com/add_me?u=210453914412&src=client_sig_212_1_card_join&
      invite=1&lang=en> Always have my latest info

      <http://www.plaxo.com/signature?src=client_sig_212_1_card_sig&lang=en> Want
      a signature like this?