Re: [Pali] Pali Greeting

  • Chanida Jantrasrisalai
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 20, 2010
      Respected venerable sir,

      Mostly "kacci khamaniiya.m *aavuso,* kacci yāapaniiya.m" where 'aavuso' may
      be replaced by 'bhikkhu', 'bhikkhave', or name(s) of individual(s).

      The subject given in the commentaries is "catucakka.m navadvaara.m
      sariirayanta.m"

      Is the physical body, having four postures and nine openings, tolerable and
      sustainable by you?

      Yours respectfully,
      Chanida

      On 19 October 2010 22:52, Dhammadarsa <dhammadaso@...> wrote:

      > Ven/Kind Sirs and Ladies
      >
      > I was told this could be used as a greeting in Pali:
      >
      > kapaniyam atthabhavam bhante?
      >
      > can you tolerate the suffering Ven Sir?
      >
      > Could anyone tell me what the correct transcription would be?
      >
      > I feel happy to say that I've nearly finished my first semester of my MA in
      > Buddhist Studies and we have been going through Ven Buddhadatta's book,
      > which is much needed revision of Pali studies for me.
      >
      > Kind Regards
      >
      > <http://www.vicnet.net.au/~dhammadarsa> Integrating Emotion and Intellect
      > =
      > Intelligence
      >

      > Dhammadarsa [Darsa] Bhikkhu
      > Buddhist Monk
      >
      > Mahachulalongkornrajavidyalaya University
      > Wang Noi
      > Ayuthaya
      > Thailand
      >
      > <http://www.vicnet.net.au/~dhammadarsa> www.vicnet.net.au/~dhammadarsa
      >
      > mobile:
      >
      > +66850941669
      >

      > <
      > https://www.plaxo.com/add_me?u=210453914412&src=client_sig_212_1_card_join&
      > invite=1&lang=en> Always have my latest info
      >
      > <http://www.plaxo.com/signature?src=client_sig_212_1_card_sig&lang=en>
      > Want
      > a signature like this?

      Chanida Jantrasrisalai