Re: How to download Chatta Sangayana Tipitaka

    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 6, 2010
      Dear Piya,

      thanks for the answers and video link. I hope someone will look into the historicity of the 6th Council and write a book on it.

      --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, Piya Tan wrote:

      > 1. Did the 6th Council also compiled the commentaries? What about the Tika?

      The Council redacted the texts, commentaries, and Tika, too. It took them 2 years. (See "6th Council" under Wiki)

      > 2. I suppose the 6th Council accepted and approved the inclusion of Nettippakarana, Milindapanha and Petakopadesa. Does that natually mean that no one can challenge their canonical status anymore?

      I think only the Myanmarese accept these as canonical but not the others.

      See this informative video:
      http://www.pariyatti.org/ResourcesProjects/Treasures/ChatthaSangayana/tabid/78/Default.aspx