Re: Commentary to Majjhima Nikaya

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 17, 2010

      I believe this is a silly mistake by myself. Traditionally, we regard the atthakatha as the commentary and the tika as the subcommentary. But, some modern writers simply regard both as commentaries, and so there are two. The "Burmese" notion, I believe, is purely my "mis-read".

      not long ago, I read that there are two commentaries to the Majjhima Nikaya. One is Papancasudani by Buddhaghosa, the other is a later Burmese version.