RE: [Pali] Self Introduction

  • Dhammadarsa
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 20, 2010
      Hi all

      Welcome Patrick.

      Recently [yesterday?] emailed the group about the Digital Pali Reader, which
      I found to be better than the Pali Text Reader.

      Kind Regards

      <http://www.vicnet.net.au/~dhammadarsa> Integrating Emotion and Intellect =
      Intelligence

      Dhammadarsa [Darsa] Bhikkhu
      Buddhist Monk

      Mahachulalongkornrajavidyalaya University
      Wang Noi
      Ayuthaya
      Thailand

      <http://www.vicnet.net.au/~dhammadarsa> www.vicnet.net.au/~dhammadarsa

      mobile:

      +66850941669

      <https://www.plaxo.com/add_me?u=210453914412&src=client_sig_212_1_card_join&
      invite=1&lang=en> Always have my latest info

      <http://www.plaxo.com/signature?src=client_sig_212_1_card_sig&lang=en> Want
      a signature like this?

      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 21, 2010
        Dear Ven. Sir,
        How can I join with you. My new mail is wimalhm@...
        Thanks.
        Yours truly,
        Wimal
        Lecturer, University of Colombo, Sri Lanka

        Op 20-jul-2010, om 9:01 heeft Patrick Cho het volgende geschreven:

        > Also, I have a question on the Pali Text Reader. Could you please
        > tell me
        > more on how it works.
        ------
        N:This link does not work for me. I hope someone else can help.

      • Chan Kin Sung
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 21, 2010
          Hi,

          There is this theravada meditation group in Hong Kong, maybe you can look
          for it. But Goenka traditions only teaches meditation. They will introduce
          satipassathana sutta after joining their meditation retreat a few times.

          http://www.dhamma.org/en/schedules/noncenter/hk.shtml

          On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 10:34 PM, Patrick Cho <cho-chiyin@...>wrote:

          > Hi Pali Moderator,
          >
          > I am a new member of the Pali group and I live in Hong Kong. I attended
          > two Mahayana Buddhism classes a few years ago. Early this year, I converted
          > to Buddhism. I always have a desire to learn more of what the Buddha taught
          > (in his original words and language). I find it not easy to do so in Hong
          > Kong as there is no Theravada Buddhist Monastery or few Theravada Buddhism
          > organizations here. As I browsed through the web sites searching to find
          > ways to learn the Pali language, I found your group. So I endeavored to
          > join your group and I would like to know more about the dhamma and the Pali
          > language.
          >
          > With metta,
          >
          > Patrick Cho

        • Patrick Cho
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 21, 2010
            Dear All,

            I found the Digital Pali Reader very good as I just had it installed
            yesterday.

            With metta,

            Patrick Cho

            Recently [yesterday?] emailed the group about the Digital Pali Reader, which
            I found to be better than the Pali Text Reader.

            Kind Regards

            <http://www.vicnet.net.au/~dhammadarsa> Integrating Emotion and Intellect =
            Intelligence

            Dhammadarsa [Darsa] Bhikkhu
            Buddhist Monk

            Mahachulalongkornrajavidyalaya University
            Wang Noi
            Ayuthaya
            Thailand

            <http://www.vicnet.net.au/~dhammadarsa> www.vicnet.net.au/~dhammadarsa

            mobile:

            +66850941669

            <https://www.plaxo.com/add_me?u=210453914412
            <https://www.plaxo.com/add_me?u=210453914412&src=client_sig_212_1_card_join&
            > &src=client_sig_212_1_card_join&
            invite=1&lang=en> Always have my latest info

            <http://www.plaxo.com/signature?src=client_sig_212_1_card_sig
            <http://www.plaxo.com/signature?src=client_sig_212_1_card_sig&lang=en>
            &lang=en> Want
            a signature like this?

            From: Pali@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Pali%40yahoogroups.com>

            ------

            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 22, 2010
              Hi All

              Thanks Chan Kin Sung for your info on a mediation group in HK.

              As far as I know, Goenka followers don't call themselves "Theravada" and
              they only take Goenka or whoever is approved by him as their teacher.

              I attended a retreat in a Goenka centre in Australia and was shocked by the
              requirement to commit to following the instructions of the teacher without
              question and before being told what they were. For me this is not the kind
              of faith the Buddha encourages in the Pali texts.

              <mailto:cho-chiyin%40i-cable.com> >wrote:

              > Hi Pali Moderator,
              >
              > I am a new member of the Pali group and I live in Hong Kong. I attended
              > two Mahayana Buddhism classes a few years ago. Early this year, I
              converted
              > to Buddhism. I always have a desire to learn more of what the Buddha
              taught
              > (in his original words and language). I find it not easy to do so in Hong
              > Kong as there is no Theravada Buddhist Monastery or few Theravada Buddhism
              > organizations here. As I browsed through the web sites searching to find
              > ways to learn the Pali language, I found your group. So I endeavored to
              > join your group and I would like to know more about the dhamma and the
              Pali
              > language.
              >
              > With metta,
              >
              > Patrick Cho