Re: [Pali] Cambodian script

  • Robert Didham
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 28, 2002
      Hi Michael

      From experience, most translations are rpetty rough in one way or another.

      Suggest you use the Pali Text Society's dictionary for starter and also get
      hold of a copy of a reasonable text such as Warder's (also PTS) or Gair and
      Karunatillake's A new Course in Reading Pali published by Motilal
      Banarsidass.

      On the Cambodian script - depends whether you want to read the commonest or
      the aksa moul - I suspect from what you say you need both. A good book is
      Huffman's Cambodian Writing System and Beginning Reader - this is pretty
      thorough but very easy to work through.

      There are also lots of websites with transliteration charts
      For example:
      http://www.bongthom.com/AKOnline/HelpPages/HelpKhmerScript.asp

      but a quick search will pick up dozens of others

      Cheers

      Robert Didham