Re: [Pali] The New Pali Course Part III [29/120]

    Message 1 of 75 , Apr 15, 2010
      Thank you very much.
      Op 11-apr-2010, om 17:44 heeft Ong Yong Peng het volgende geschreven:

      > The New Pali Course Part III (1950)
      > Prof. A. P. Buddhadatta Maha Nayaka Thera
      >
      > Chapter VII Definition of the Indeclinables
      ----------
      N: 174 (b) "Idha bhikkhave bhikkhu ti.n.na.m sa.myojanaana.m
      parikkhayaa... sakid eva ima.m loka.m aagantvaa dukkhass'anta.m
      karoti." [A.ii,238]

      Herein a monk, by utter destruction of the three fetters, coming back
      to this world only once, makes an end of Ill.
      -----------

      N: Herein, monks, a monk...

      ----------

      179. satata.m, continually; always

      "Rattindiva.m satata.m appamatto
      Sabbaa disaa pharate appama~n~na.m." [SN.v.507]

      "Zealous by night and day
      Breed limitless goodwill
      Embracing all the worlds." [B.T.p.119]

      N: Norman´┐Żs translation:

      Day and night he is constantly vigilant. He suffuses boundlessness
      (of mind) in all directions.

      Message 75 of 75 , May 30, 2010
        Dear Jim,

        thank you for your explanation. Yes, I am aware of your good work on Kaccaayana. I remember to have mentioned that there are a couple of other Kaccaayana projects going on at the same time. This will surely make the ancient grammar a well research subject, and probably preferred over Saddaniiti and Moggallaana for years to come.

        --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, Jim Anderson wrote:

        The disruption is due to my work on the Kaccaayana project and not having the time to work on the Saddaniiti project at the same time.