Re: [Pali] The New Pali Course Part III [28/120]

    Message 1 of 75 , Apr 6, 2010
      Thank you very much. I have no remarks, but I just reproduce below an
      alternative translation by Norman.
      Op 28-mrt-2010, om 16:01 heeft Ong Yong Peng het volgende geschreven:

      -------

      Each of the mortals is separately led by Death just like a bull,
      destined to be killed (is carried by a butcher).
      ------

      N: K.R. Norman: Each one of the mortals is led away like a cow to be
      slaughtered.

      --------

      Message 75 of 75 , May 30, 2010
        Dear Jim,

        thank you for your explanation. Yes, I am aware of your good work on Kaccaayana. I remember to have mentioned that there are a couple of other Kaccaayana projects going on at the same time. This will surely make the ancient grammar a well research subject, and probably preferred over Saddaniiti and Moggallaana for years to come.

        --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, Jim Anderson wrote:

        The disruption is due to my work on the Kaccaayana project and not having the time to work on the Saddaniiti project at the same time.