Again another research paper uploaded

  • ashinpan
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 9, 2010
      Dear members,

      I have uploaded another research paper. It is in the files section with the name uruvela_journey.pdf and It is titled "When did the Buddha go to Uruvela grove?".

      As usual, I have to say that I reserve all the rights since I plan to send it to a peer-reviewed journal, and that anyone wishing to cite it will do it at their own risk since it is not yet peer-reviewed.

      Now about the contents. Its abstract says:

      "In this paper I show that: (a) The timing of the Buddha’s journey to Uruvela forest is important to find a solution to the controversy surrounding his usage of ehibhikkhu ordination formula. (b) In Pali sources, that timing is open to two interpretations, none of which is convincing enough, but non-Pali Vinaya sources may be able to give the correct answer."

      To anyone bothering to read my paper, it will appear as a complete paper. But it is not yet really complete, for I cannot say much about the parallel Vinaya sources available in Chinese. So I have invited another scholar to be my co-author; she will check the Chinese sources and examine them to find whether there is a plausible solution available or not. Only after her work has been added to this paper that it can be called complete.

      with metta

      Ven. Pandita