Re: Gender bias in Buddhism?

    Message 1 of 35 , Mar 8, 2010
      Dear Ven. Pandita and Bankei,

      I agree. I am in fact interested in textual references from the Tipitaka, not so much about personal opinions. I am not saying that personal views are not welcomed, but supported by some references to the suttas is preferred.

      --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, Bankei wrote:

      I guess an outsider looking at Buddhism would think something similar, why should there be differences in rules between renunciates based on gender? Many an insider would also be asking the same question, no doubt.
      Message 35 of 35 , Mar 31, 2010
        Dear Bankei,

        thanks. I will have a read over the Easter break, and we can continue our discussion. Btw, is your name Asian? ;-)

        --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, Bankei wrote:

        Bhikkhu Analayo has a paper out titled "*The *Bahudhātuka-sutta* and its Parallels On Women’s Inabilities"* in the Journal of Buddhist Ethics, Vol 16, 2009

        http://www.buddhistethics.org/current.html