Re: Gender bias in Buddhism?

    Message 1 of 35 , Mar 8, 2010
      Dear Rahula,

      thank you. We are really discussing about female monastic order, not isolated female seers, philosophers or prophets.

      --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, rahula_80 wrote:

      In the Rig Veda, there are some women seers, eg. Ghosha, Lopamudra, etc. In the Upanisads, there were female philosophers like Maitreyi, Gargi etc
      Message 35 of 35 , Mar 31, 2010
        Dear Bankei,

        thanks. I will have a read over the Easter break, and we can continue our discussion. Btw, is your name Asian? ;-)

        --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, Bankei wrote:

        Bhikkhu Analayo has a paper out titled "*The *Bahudhātuka-sutta* and its Parallels On Women’s Inabilities"* in the Journal of Buddhist Ethics, Vol 16, 2009

        http://www.buddhistethics.org/current.html