Re: Gender bias in Buddhism?

  • rahula_80
    Message 1 of 35 , Mar 5, 2010
      Hi,

      In the Rig Veda, there are some women seers, eg. Ghosha, Lopamudra, etc. In the Upanisads, there were female philosophers like Maitreyi, Gargi etc

      Best wishes,
      Rahula

      Message 35 of 35 , Mar 31, 2010
        Dear Bankei,

        thanks. I will have a read over the Easter break, and we can continue our discussion. Btw, is your name Asian? ;-)

        --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, Bankei wrote:

        Bhikkhu Analayo has a paper out titled "*The *Bahudhātuka-sutta* and its Parallels On Women’s Inabilities"* in the Journal of Buddhist Ethics, Vol 16, 2009

        http://www.buddhistethics.org/current.html