Re: [Pali] "I-making and my-making"

  • Bryan Levman
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 25, 2010
      Dear Buddy,

      He is talking about aha.mkaara and mam.mkaara which simply means "I-making" and "mine-making". The Buddha uses this term quite often in the suttas. Aha.mkaara is also a synonym for selfishness (see PED): -- kāra selfishness, egotism, arrogance (see also mamaŋkāra) M iii.18, 32; S ii.253; iii.80, 136, 169 sq.; iv.41,
      197, 202; A i.132 sq.; iii.444; Ud 70; Nett 127, and
      freq. passim.

      Best, Bryan

      Look in the PED for various references (as above)