Re: Another message from Pune

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 10, 2010
      Bhante,

      thanks for sharing your encounters in Pune, India. I am glad to learn of your successful lecture and the new acquaintances you made.

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 10, 2010
        Venerable Pandita,

        I appreciate your mails and I am so glad to hear about the
        Pa.t.thaana. This helps so much to understand anattaa in our daily
        life. Whatever happens is conditioned and we cannot be master of
        events. I just lost my brother and I thought of Mahinda who also
        suffered a loss. But then, the Abhidhamma is not in the textbook, it
        relates to our life now. All the details explained in the Abhidhamma
        help so much to have more understanding of our life. We learn that
        grief is actually dosa and that this is conditioned by attachment and
        ignorance. We learn that we think with sadness about persons, stories
        about persons, and that a person is not real in the ultimate sense.
        It is only naama and ruupa that pass away immediately. Life is so
        short, it actually lasts as long as one citta that experiences an
        object through one of the six doorways and then gone immediately.
        With respect,
        Nina.
        Op 10-feb-2010, om 11:46 heeft ashinpan het volgende geschreven: