Another message from Pune

  • ashinpan
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 10, 2010
      Dear members,

      Sorry, I failed to mention one interesting fact in the previous post. My lecture was presided over by Venerable Dhammadipa, a Czech monk. He studied Abhidhamma in Burma for three years, and he is at Pune for teaching a short course in Pa.t.thaana.

      Pa.t.thaana is the cream of Abhidhamma; whenever there is a controversy in Abhidhamma, the Burmese scholars refer to Pa.t.thaana for the correct answer. I am really proud and delighted to see a non-Burmese person interested enough in Abhidhamma to have learnt Pa.t.thaana and to share with international students.

      I am going back to Sri Lanka on 15th Feb. and I hope to share with you more of my experiences here.

      with metta

      Ven. Pandita
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 10, 2010
        Bhante,

        thanks for sharing your encounters in Pune, India. I am glad to learn of your successful lecture and the new acquaintances you made.

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 10, 2010
          Venerable Pandita,

          I appreciate your mails and I am so glad to hear about the
          Pa.t.thaana. This helps so much to understand anattaa in our daily
          life. Whatever happens is conditioned and we cannot be master of
          events. I just lost my brother and I thought of Mahinda who also
          suffered a loss. But then, the Abhidhamma is not in the textbook, it
          relates to our life now. All the details explained in the Abhidhamma
          help so much to have more understanding of our life. We learn that
          grief is actually dosa and that this is conditioned by attachment and
          ignorance. We learn that we think with sadness about persons, stories
          about persons, and that a person is not real in the ultimate sense.
          It is only naama and ruupa that pass away immediately. Life is so
          short, it actually lasts as long as one citta that experiences an
          object through one of the six doorways and then gone immediately.
          With respect,
          Nina.
          Op 10-feb-2010, om 11:46 heeft ashinpan het volgende geschreven: