Fwd: [Pali] unicode, html. Is it time?

  • Lennart Lopin
    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 1, 2010
      Hi Yong Peng,

      Actually, Patrick's test worked for me, I don't know how he entered it. It
      probably also depends how capable your email program is, but as Patrick
      mentioned there should be no problems today in expecting Unicode support in
      most software applications.

      Here is my test: I went to tipitaka.org, copied a piece of pali text into a
      notepad (so that it will loose all formatting) and the copy and pasted it in
      below:

      -------------
      Evaṃ vutte, aññataro rājāmacco rājānaṃ māgadhaṃ ajātasattuṃ vedehiputtaṃ
      etadavoca – ‘‘ayaṃ, deva, pūraṇo kassapo saṅghī ceva gaṇī ca gaṇācariyo ca
      ñāto yasassī titthakaro sādhusammato bahujanassa rattaññū cirapabbajito
      addhagato vayoanuppatto. Taṃ devo pūraṇaṃ kassapaṃ payirupāsatu. Appeva nāma
      devassa pūraṇaṃ kassapaṃ payirupāsato cittaṃ pasīdeyyā’’ti. Evaṃ vutte, rājā
      māgadho ajātasattu vedehiputto tuṇhī ahosi.

      I had sent this message earlier to myself and it showed up correctly, (I am
      using Gmail).

      Let me know if that worked for you too.

      mettāya, (<- yet another test)

      Lennart