Re: [Pali] Stefan Karpik article

  • Bryan Levman
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 1, 2010
      Hi DC,

      Yes that might be it. Thanks very much for finding it,

      Mettā, Bryan

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 1, 2010
        Thanks very much Lennart, Mettā, Bryan

        ________________________________
        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 1, 2010
          Dear friends,

          pardon me. I meant "chunks of illegible Pali passages".

          before we all get too carried away and start dumping the group with chunks of Pali passages, please take note of the following:

          If unsure whether a Pali passage is in Unicode, please convert to Velthuis before posting to the group.

          >  2. a line, norm, thus the canon of Buddhist writings; the text of the Pāli Canon, i. e. the original text (opp. to the Commentary; thus "pāliyaŋ" is opposed to "aṭṭhakathāyaŋ" at Vism 107, 450, etc).
        • DC Wijeratna
          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 1, 2010
            Attention: Yong Peng

            " 2. a line, norm, thus the canon of Buddhist writings; the text of the Pāli Canon, i. e. the original text (opp. to the Commentary; thus "pāliyaŋ" is opposed to "aṭṭhakathāyaŋ" at Vism 107, 450, etc).".
            There are two Paali words here. They are there because it is a quote from the PTSD.
            "before we all get too carried away and start dumping the group with chunks of Pali passages, please take note of the following:"

            What 'dumping the group with chunks of Pali passages'. are you referring to?

            D. G. D. C. Wijeratna

            Message 5 of 17 , Feb 1, 2010
              Dear DC,
              thanks for your info,
              Nina.
              Op 1-feb-2010, om 5:19 heeft DC Wijeratna het volgende geschreven: