DPR vs. CST4: di.t.thi .t.thaanaadhi.t.thaanapariyu.t.thaanaabhinivesaanusayaana.m

  • frank
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 27, 2010
      I just ran that word through both of those dictionaries,

      both had problems with it unsuprisingly, but with the little that I know
      about compounding, tweaking with the first few words in the DPR
      dictionary, it impressively was able to recognize:

      <file:///C:/Users/john%20def/Desktop/fkuan_stuff/dpr/DPR/DPPN/aa/a3_an.htm>
      <file:///C:/Users/john%20def/Desktop/fkuan_stuff/dpr/DPR/DPPN/ay/anusaya_sutta.htm>

      t.ha-na: place; locality; condition; reason; office; cause; standing up;
      stay. (nt.)
      pariyut.t.ha-na: outburst; prepossession. (nt.)
      abhinivesa: inclination; tendency. (m.)
      anusaya: proclivity; a dormant disposition. (m.)

      those 4 words from that rest of that compound-monstrosity were
      recognized by DPR without me having to tweak the search word. Impressive.

      CST4 on the other hand, as a beginner I would have had no shot at all
      finding the last 4 words by splitting the compound search word in
      different places and figuring out /guessing which lost vowels to add
      back in to make it a recognizable individual word.