  • Bryan Levman
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 7, 2010
      Hi Rosa,

      <I used AntConc - a program used in corpus linguistics - to produce the
      search. If you’re <interested just google AntConc and you will find it
      first on the list.

      I tried the program but it doesn't seem to pick up the diacritics, so a search on a common word like tathagata (with or without diacritics, i.e. tathaagata, tathagata or with the macron over the 'a') comes back with nothing. How do you deal with that?

      Bryan

    • Rosa Grau gmail
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 10, 2010
        Hi Brian,

        You cannot type the diacritics, certainly. What I do is type the word I want
        to search in Word and then copy-and-paste onto the AntConc search box.
        However, you may have noticed that it does show the diacritics properly if
        you select Unicode in Global Settings > Language Encodings.

        Hope that helps.

        Rosa

        _____

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 11, 2010
          Hi Rosa,

          Is AntConc Linux-Ubuntu compatible ?

          Thanks

          Jacques

          <I used AntConc - a program used in corpus linguistics - to produce the

          search. If you're <interested just google AntConc and you will find it

          first on the list.

          I tried the program but it doesn't seem to pick up the diacritics, so a

          search on a common word like tathagata (with or without diacritics, i.e.

          tathaagata, tathagata or with the macron over the 'a') comes back with

          nothing. How do you deal with that?

          Bryan

          http://www.flickr <http://www.flickr com/gift/> com/gift/

        • Rosa Grau
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 12, 2010
            I don't' know, I only work on Windows. You may find this info on their
            website.

            Rosa

            _____