Re:technical question on pdf

  • Soe Naung
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 8, 2009
      Dear Nina

      You wrote:

      *I downloaded Ven. Pandita's pdf on Traditional Tools, but I cannot
      quote or copy any part of it for discussion. I cannot convert it to
      Word.*

      I have not locked up anything on my PDF file and I have tested it on Windows
      XP, Mac OS X (Tiger), and Linux. Quoting or copying any part of it is found
      to be ok. So there must be something missing in your handling the file.
      Perhaps you should tell us the operating system and the PDF reader that you
      are using.

      with metta

      Ven. Pandita

      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 8, 2009
        Venerable Pandita,
        Thank you for writing.
        It must be my handling the pdf. I have a Mac O X, I do not know
        anything about PDF reader, but perhaps Yong Peng could tell me later on.
        With respect,
        Nina.
        Op 8-dec-2009, om 18:24 heeft Soe Naung het volgende geschreven:

        > So there must be something missing in your handling the file.
        > Perhaps you should tell us the operating system and the PDF reader
        > that you
        > are using.

      • George Bedell
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 8, 2009
          Nina,

          I too have a Mac with OSX, and I can easily select and copy from Ven. Pa.n.dita's pdf document. That will sometimes cause format problems. Assuming you have the Adobe reader, you will not be able to reformat the whole document into another word processor or put your documents into pdf; for that you would need the expensive Adobe software.
          * * * * *
          George Bedell
          230/5 Suan Lanna Village, Huay Kaew Road,
          t. Chang Phuak, a. Muang
          Chiang Mai 50300, Thailand
          +66-53-414100

          ________________________________
          It must be my handling the pdf. I have a Mac O X, I do not know
          anything about PDF reader, but perhaps Yong Peng could tell me later on.
          With respect,
          Nina.
          Op 8-dec-2009, om 18:24 heeft Soe Naung het volgende geschreven:

          > So there must be something missing in your handling the file.
          > Perhaps you should tell us the operating system and the PDF reader
          > that you
          > are using.

          Get your preferred Email name!
          Now you can @... and @....

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 9, 2009
            Dear George,
            Op 9-dec-2009, om 2:09 heeft George Bedell het volgende geschreven:

            > Assuming you have the Adobe reader
            --------
            N: Thank you. That must be the reason. I'll try to do something.

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 13, 2009

              PDF is a well established electronic document format, and was first released for the Macintosh platform. I am sure you are on very safe grounds.

              I hope you have resolved this issue now. If not, do let us know the following.

              1. The PDF reader (software) you are using.
              2. Is there any presentation issues, such as distorted text, missing characters, etc. in the document.
              3. Try opening the document in the web browser, and see if you have similar problems.

              Allowing text to be highlighted and copied can be set by the person who creates the PDF document. If there is still issues, Ven. Pandita may need some inputs from you.