technical question on pdf

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 8, 2009
      Dear Yong Peng,

      I downloaded Ven. Pandita's pdf on Traditional Tools, but I cannot
      quote or copy any part of it for discussion. I cannot convert it to
      Word.
      Sorry for my ignorance,
      Nina.
    • Soe Naung
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 8, 2009
        Dear Nina

        You wrote:

        *I downloaded Ven. Pandita's pdf on Traditional Tools, but I cannot
        quote or copy any part of it for discussion. I cannot convert it to
        Word.*

        I have not locked up anything on my PDF file and I have tested it on Windows
        XP, Mac OS X (Tiger), and Linux. Quoting or copying any part of it is found
        to be ok. So there must be something missing in your handling the file.
        Perhaps you should tell us the operating system and the PDF reader that you
        are using.

        with metta

        Ven. Pandita

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 8, 2009
          Venerable Pandita,
          Thank you for writing.
          It must be my handling the pdf. I have a Mac O X, I do not know
          anything about PDF reader, but perhaps Yong Peng could tell me later on.
          With respect,
          Nina.
          Op 8-dec-2009, om 18:24 heeft Soe Naung het volgende geschreven:

          > So there must be something missing in your handling the file.
          > Perhaps you should tell us the operating system and the PDF reader
          > that you
          > are using.

        • George Bedell
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 8, 2009
            Nina,

            I too have a Mac with OSX, and I can easily select and copy from Ven. Pa.n.dita's pdf document. That will sometimes cause format problems. Assuming you have the Adobe reader, you will not be able to reformat the whole document into another word processor or put your documents into pdf; for that you would need the expensive Adobe software.
            * * * * *
            George Bedell
            230/5 Suan Lanna Village, Huay Kaew Road,
            t. Chang Phuak, a. Muang
            Chiang Mai 50300, Thailand
            +66-53-414100

            ________________________________
            It must be my handling the pdf. I have a Mac O X, I do not know
            anything about PDF reader, but perhaps Yong Peng could tell me later on.
            With respect,
            Nina.
            Op 8-dec-2009, om 18:24 heeft Soe Naung het volgende geschreven:

            > So there must be something missing in your handling the file.
            > Perhaps you should tell us the operating system and the PDF reader
            > that you
            > are using.

            Get your preferred Email name!
            Now you can @... and @....

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 9, 2009
              Dear George,
              Op 9-dec-2009, om 2:09 heeft George Bedell het volgende geschreven:

              > Assuming you have the Adobe reader
              --------
              N: Thank you. That must be the reason. I'll try to do something.

              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 13, 2009
                Dear Nina,

                PDF is a well established electronic document format, and was first released for the Macintosh platform. I am sure you are on very safe grounds.

                I hope you have resolved this issue now. If not, do let us know the following.

                1. The PDF reader (software) you are using.
                2. Is there any presentation issues, such as distorted text, missing characters, etc. in the document.
                3. Try opening the document in the web browser, and see if you have similar problems.

                Allowing text to be highlighted and copied can be set by the person who creates the PDF document. If there is still issues, Ven. Pandita may need some inputs from you.