A paper about two traditional Pali tools uploaded

  • ashinpan
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 6, 2009
      Dear members,

      I have uploaded a paper entitled "Two Unique Grammatical Tools Used in the Traditional Pali Studies of Burma". It is a survey and evaluation of the Relational Grammar and Thematic Units, unknown topics outside Burma (I don't know why).

      Actually it was already published in the (2007) issue, Journal of the Post Graduate Institute of Pali and Buddhist Studies (Sri Lanka). The changes in the uploaded file are as follows:

      1. All endnotes become footnotes because I hate endnotes. I have not done the same with the printed version because the Journal policy was to use endnotes only.

      2. I change all citations from the footnote format into in-text format to reduce the number of footnotes.

      3. I use the LaTeX/XeTeX instead of Office software to prepare the PDF file so that the paper be more readable.

      Otherwise, the content is unchanged. All comments are welcome.

      with metta

      Ven. Pandita
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 7, 2009
        Venerable Pandita,
        Thank you very much for the uploaded paper.
        With respect,
        Nina.
        Op 7-dec-2009, om 8:01 heeft ashinpan het volgende geschreven:

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 7, 2009
          Venerable Pandita,

          I join Nina to thank you for sharing the results of your research. Looks like I have something to read over the coming festive break. Relational grammar and thematic units both sound very logical approach to language study. I am glad that you have brought this wealth of knowledge to the online community.