[Pali] Dhammacakkappavattanasutta, no 11

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2009

      Dhammacakkappavattanasutta, no 11.

      Intro: as we have seen, there are three rounds: understanding the
      truths, sacca ~naa.na.m; understanding the task (kicca), kicca
      ~naa.na.m, the development of direct understanding of the
      characteristics of all dhammas; the direct realisation, pa.tivedha,
      of the truth that is reached when understanding of realities has been
      developed, kata ~naa.na.m.

      These three rounds pertain to each one of the four noble truths, and
      then there are twelve modes of the three rounds. There are three
      rounds as to the understanding of the first noble truth, dukkha.
      There are three rounds as to the abandonment of the origin of dukkha,
      which is clinging. There are three rounds as to the realisation of
      the ceasing of dukkha, that is nibbaana. There are three rounds as to
      the development of the way leading to the cessation of dukkha, that
      is the eightfold Path.

      In the following text we read as to the origin of dukkha:
      understanding what the origin is, understanding of the task of
      abandonment of it, understanding of the accomplishment of the
      abandonment of it.

      --------------------------
      'Ida.m dukkhasamudaya.m ariyasaccan'ti me, bhikkhave, pubbe
      ananussutesu dhammesu cakkhu.m udapaadi, ~naa.na.m udapaadi, pa~n~naa
      udapaadi, vijjaa udapaadi, aaloko udapaadi.
      'Ta.m kho pan'ida.m dukkhasamudaya.m ariyasacca.m pahaatabban'ti me,
      bhikkhave, pubbe ananussutesu dhammesu cakkhu.m udapaadi, ~naa.na.m
      udapaadi, pa~n~naa udapaadi, vijjaa udapaadi, aaloko udapaadi.
      'Ta.m kho pan'ida.m dukkhasamudaya.m ariyasacca.m pahiinan'ti me,
      bhikkhave, pubbe ananussutesu dhammesu cakkhu.m udapaadi, ~naa.na.m
      udapaadi, pa~n~naa udapaadi, vijjaa udapaadi, aaloko udapaadi.

      --------

      'Ida.m/ dukkha/samudaya.m/ ariyasaccan'ti/
      this/ dukkha/ origin/ noble truth/

      me/ bhikkhave/ pubbe/ ananussutesu/ dhammesu
      by me/monks/before/ not heard/ as to teachings/

      cakkhu.m/ udapaadi/~naa.na.m/ udapaadi/
      vision/ arose/ insight/ arose/

      pa~n~naa/ udapaadi/ vijjaa/ udapaadi/ aaloko/ udapaadi
      wisdom/ arose/ knowledge/ arose/ illumination/ arose

      'This is the noble truth of the origin of suffering': thus, monks, in
      regard to teachings not heard by me before, vision, insight, wisdom,
      knowledge and illumination arose.
      ----------------
      'Ta.m kho pan'ida.m/ dukkhasamudaya.m/
      Now this/ /origin of suffering/

      ariyasacca.m /pahaatabban'ti /
      noble truth/ ought to be abandoned/

      me/ bhikkhave/ pubbe/ ananussutesu/ dhammesu
      by me/monks/before/ not heard/ as to teachings/

      cakkhu.m/ udapaadi/~naa.na.m/ udapaadi/
      vision/ arose/ insight/ arose/

      pa~n~naa/ udapaadi/ vijjaa/ udapaadi/ aaloko/ udapaadi
      wisdom/ arose/ knowledge/ arose/ illumination/ arose

      'Now this noble truth of the origin of suffering ought to be
      abandoned': thus, monks, in regard to teachings not heard by me
      before, vision, insight, wisdom, knowledge and illumination arose.
      --------

      'Ta.m kho pan'ida.m /dukkhasamudaya.m/
      'Now this/ origin of suffering/

      ariyasacca.m/ pahiinan'ti/
      noble truth/ has been abandoned'/

      me/ bhikkhave/ pubbe/ ananussutesu/ dhammesu
      by me/monks/before/ not heard/ as to teachings/

      cakkhu.m/ udapaadi/~naa.na.m/ udapaadi/
      vision/ arose/ insight/ arose/

      pa~n~naa/ udapaadi/ vijjaa/ udapaadi/ aaloko/ udapaadi
      wisdom/ arose/ knowledge/ arose/ illumination/ arose

      'Now this noble truth of the origin of suffering has been abandoned':