[Pali] Dhammacakkappavattanasutta, no 10.

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2009
      Dhammacakkappavattanasutta, no 10.

      'Ida.m dukkha.m ariyasaccan'ti me, bhikkhave, pubbe ananussutesu
      dhammesu cakkhu.m udapaadi, ~naa.na.m udapaadi, pa~n~naa udapaadi,
      vijjaa udapaadi, aaloko udapaadi.
      'Ta.m kho pan'ida.m dukkha.m ariyasacca.m pari~n~neyyan'ti me,
      bhikkhave, pubbe ananussutesu dhammesu cakkhu.m udapaadi, ~naa.na.m
      udapaadi, pa~n~naa udapaadi, vijjaa udapaadi, aaloko udapaadi.
      'Ta.m kho pan'ida.m dukkha.m ariyasacca.m pari~n~naatan'ti me,
      bhikkhave, pubbe ananussutesu dhammesu cakkhu.m udapaadi, ~naa.na.m
      udapaadi, pa~n~naa udapaadi, vijjaa udapaadi, aaloko udapaadi.
      ---------------

      Ida.m/ dukkha.m/ ariyasaccan'ti me, bhikkhave,
      'This/ suffering/ noble truth/ by me/ monks

      pubbe/ ananussutesu/ dhammesu/ cakkhu.m/ udapaadi,
      before/not heard/ as to teachings/ vision/ arose

      ~naa.na.m/ udapaadi/ pa~n~naa/ udapaadi/
      insight/ arose/ wisdom/ arose/

      vijjaa/ udapaadi/ aaloko/ udapaadi.
      knowledge/ arose/ illumination/ arose

      'This is the noble truth of suffering': thus, monks, in regard to
      teachings not heard by me before, vision, insight, wisdom, knowledge
      and illumination arose.'
      --------------
      'Ta.m kho pan'ida.m dukkha.m ariyasacca.m
      Now this noble truth of suffering

      pari~n~neyyan'ti me, bhikkhave,
      ought to be fully understood': thus, monks

      pubbe/ ananussutesu/ dhammesu/ cakkhu.m/ udapaadi,
      before/not heard/ as to teachings/ vision/ arose

      ~naa.na.m/ udapaadi/ pa~n~naa/ udapaadi/
      insight/ arose/ wisdom/ arose/

      vijjaa/ udapaadi/ aaloko/ udapaadi.
      knowledge/ arose/ illumination/ arose
      ----------
      'Now this noble truth of suffering ought to be fully understood':
      ------------------------------------
      Ta.m kho pan'ida.m dukkha.m ariyasacca.m
      Now this noble truth of suffering

      pari~n~naatan'ti me, bhikkhave,
      has been fully understood': thus, monks

      pubbe/ ananussutesu/ dhammesu/ cakkhu.m/ udapaadi,
      before/not heard/ as to teachings/ vision/ arose

      ~naa.na.m/ udapaadi/ pa~n~naa/ udapaadi/
      insight/ arose/ wisdom/ arose/

      vijjaa/ udapaadi/ aaloko/ udapaadi.
      knowledge/ arose/ illumination/ arose
      -------

      'Now this noble truth of suffering has been fully understood': thus,
      monks, in regard to teachings not heard by me before, vision,
      insight, wisdom, knowledge and illumination arose'.

      ----------
      This is the noble truth of suffering': thus, monks, in regard to
      teachings not heard by me before, vision, insight, wisdom, knowledge
      and illumination arose.
      Now this noble truth of suffering ought to be fully understood':
      thus, monks, in regard to teachings not heard by me before, vision,
      insight, wisdom, knowledge and illumination arose.
      Now this noble truth of suffering has been fully understood': thus,
      monks, in regard to teachings not heard by me before, vision,
      insight, wisdom, knowledge and illumination arose.

      N: In the preceding text we see the three rounds or phases:
      sacca ~naa.na.m: �this is the noble truth of suffering�, clear and
      direct understanding of all dhammas in daily life that are dukkha.
      The five khandhas, all conditioned realities that are impermanent,
      are dukkha.
      This is pariyatti, but pariyatti is not theory, it pertains to the
      dhamma that appears at the present moment.

      Kicca ~naa.na.m: 'Now this noble truth of suffering ought to be fully
      understood'.
      Understanding the task (kicca), the development of direct
      understanding of the characteristics of all dhammas as they appear
      one at a time through the senses and the mind-door. This is
      satipa.t.thaana, and this is the way dhammas will be known as
      impermanent and dukha and non-self.
      Kata ~naa.na.m: �Now this noble truth of suffering has been fully
      understood�.
      This refers to the direct realisation, pa.tivedha, of the truth that
      is reached when understanding of realities has been developed.

      Summary of the commentary: Three rounds, tipariva.t.ta.m, this refers
      to the three rounds reckoned as understanding of the truth,
      sacca~naa.na, understanding of the task, kicca~naa.na, and
      understanding of what has been accomplished, kata~naa.na.
      As to the words here, �this is the noble truth of dukkha, this is the
      origin of dukkha� ,
      understanding thus of the four truths as they really are is called
      sacca~naa.na.m.
      Co. Pali : Tipariva.t.tanti
      ~naa.nakicca~naa.nakata~naa.nasa`nkhaataana.m ti.n.na.m
      pariva.t.taana.m vasena tipariva.t.ta.m. Ettha hi "ida.m dukkha.m
      ariyasacca.m, ida.m dukkhasamudaya"nti eva.m catuusu saccesu
      yathaabhuuta.m ~naa.na.m sacca~naa.na.m naama.