Re: Pali Day by Day G062 - The New Pali Course Part II - Ex 26 p203

    Message 1 of 134 , Aug 17, 2009

      thank you. I completed this exercise earlier this year, so I can't immediately recall how I got this word. 'viva.t.tati' is not in the book's vocabulary list, which I generally consult first before venturing elsewhere.

      I am happy to accept 'va.t.tati' as a better word. Thank you.

      I wonder about: 9. Both, in this world and in the next, the sinner having suffered the results of his (evil) actions, courses through samsaara for a long time.

      > Ubhayesu, imasmi.m lokasmi.m ca paralokasmi.m ca, paapakaari
      > tassa kammaana.m vipaake anubhavitvaa cira.m samsaarena
      > viva.t.tati.

      Would va.t.tati instead of viva.t.tati not be better? The Co uses often viva.t.ta for: freedom from the cycle. In contrast to va.t.ta.
      Message 134 of 134 , Feb 23, 2010

        below is the link to NPC2 study guide, if you are looking for it.

        http://www.tipitaka.net/palicourseguide2.pdf