Font for i-Mac

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 10 7:07 PM
      Pali Friends,

      I'm using Time Extended Roman for my PC, but soon switching to the i-Mac.
      The conversion process takes Gentian as the substitute font, but it does not
      have all the Pali diacritics of Times Ext Roman.

      Does anyone know where I can get Times Ext Roman for i-Mac?

      With metta,

      Piya

      --
      The Minding Centre
      Singapore 650644

    • Dhivan Thomas Jones
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 11 3:13 AM
        Dear Piya,

        I have found that the new Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac seems to
        include Times Extended Roman with all diacritics necessary for Pali
        and Sanskrit, and is hence more convenient to use than Gentium. I
        think that there may still be some compatibility issues with this
        solution but it is probably easier that trying to buy Times Extended
        Roman separately for Mac.

        An alternative is to use Times (not Times New Roman) on the Mac, as
        this font includes all necessary diacritics, though it creates
        conversion problems, since PCs don't seem to have an extended version
        of Times built-in.

        All the best
        Dhivan

        www.dhivan.net