Re: [Pali] Advance discussions

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 13, 2009
      Op 13-jul-2009, om 15:21 heeft Ong Yong Peng het volgende geschreven:

      > Even as we advance ourselves, which we would naturally, we should
      > always assist newcomers with their (sensible) questions.
      ------
      N: And what is more, we learn also from beginner's questions, looking
      things up, reviewing.
      You have a good program and while planning you look ahead.
      I am wondering if it is easier for the readers to divide your and
      Florent's exercises in several smaller parts. I start reading and
      then I have lack of time to continue, and start reading again further
      on but forgot where I was.
      I am not so inclined to speeding up, but when I see Anguttara
      Nikaaya, I do my best to find time.
      Thank you for all the suggestions,

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 17, 2009

        thank you. Yes, I believe we are always learning, to "live and learn" is very Asian, in Buddhism and Confucianism.

        As for NPC2 exercises, I can only answer for my portion, as Florent posts according to his circumstances. In the earlier chapters, where the English-to-Pali exercises have more than ten questions, I posted the solutions in two separate mails over two weeks. In the later chapters, the exercises have only ten or less questions each, I see little benefit to halve or split them. I can say that these exercises are not exactly easy. I will also be checking my answers with Florent's, which should be done as we progressed but just hadn't happen. I am only left with the last exercise, and again there are only ten questions, so I will not be splitting it into two posts. ;-)

        The "speeding up" of AN will not happen soon, and I will see how I can fit it in with existing arrangements. I shall update the group when I have more details. Thank you.