hello to all

  • yuzhoufeng_23
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 11, 2009
      Hi Yong Peng, Nina and all,

      Came across this list by chance and I msut say I am pretty impressed with the depth of discussion on various Pali related topics here. A brief introduction of myself: I am a Chinese language graduate with some rudimentary knowledge of Sanskrit, and am continuing my own self-studies on the latter. Currently learning Pali in a Buddhist organisation in Singapore with the hope of understanding Buddhism better. While my present grasp of Pali is way insufficient to attempt a reading of the Saddaniti, I do hope to progress to that level in time to come. It is my hope that I have everyone's support through this exciting journey of learning, and that I will be able to contribute in any meaningful way to the discussions :-)

      Samanta cakkavalesu
      satt anantesu panunam
      sukhino puggala bhuta
      att abhavagata siyum

      Cheers,
      Ningyu
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 13, 2009
        Dear Ningyu,
        Welcome here.
        Op 12-jun-2009, om 4:17 heeft yuzhoufeng_23 het volgende geschreven:

        > While my present grasp of Pali is way insufficient to attempt a
        > reading of the Saddaniti, I do hope to progress to that level in
        > time to come.
        ------
        N: Me too, I find the Saddaniti so difficult. I am grateful to Yong
        Peng for posting it, so that we do not lose the thread. I am also
        very glad that Jim and Mahinda come in to assist.

      • yuzhoufeng_23
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 14, 2009
          Hi Nina,

          Nice to hear fron you. We all contribute within our means and learn from each other, so it will result in a win-win situation for all. In the meantime I will try and learn as much as I can from the previous postings :-)

          Best Regards,
          Ningyu

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 14, 2009
            Dear Nina, Ningyu and friends,

            a big welcome to Ningyu and all new members.

            Saddaniti is hard, but I believe there are many who are interested to read and understand this classic. A collaborative effort, leveraging established web technologies and with the kind offering from Yahoo! Groups, allows us to conduct this study which would otherwise be impossible.

            I am most grateful to have Nina, Jim, Mahinda, and many others, who render their assistance to check and correct my postings, and more importantly to offer their time, knowledge and wisdom to help in understanding this difficult text.

            Ningyu, it's good to know that you are from Singapore. Please join us in our discussions with your thoughts and questions.

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 14, 2009
              Hi Yong Peng,

              Thanks for the welcome. I appreciate the efforts you have put in in starting this list and coordinating discussions. Will post any questions that I might have as well as offer any contributions within my means :-)

              With metta,
              Ningyu

              --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, "Ong Yong Peng" <palismith@...> wrote:

              > Dear Nina, Ningyu and friends,
              >
              > a big welcome to Ningyu and all new members.
              >
              > Saddaniti is hard, but I believe there are many who are interested to read and understand this classic. A collaborative effort, leveraging established web technologies and with the kind offering from Yahoo! Groups, allows us to conduct this study which would otherwise be impossible.
              >
              > I am most grateful to have Nina, Jim, Mahinda, and many others, who render their assistance to check and correct my postings, and more importantly to offer their time, knowledge and wisdom to help in understanding this difficult text.
              >
              > Ningyu, it's good to know that you are from Singapore. Please join us in our discussions with your thoughts and questions.
              >

              > metta,
              > Yong Peng.
            • kamleong_lai
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 16, 2009
                Hi All,
                I am new to this forum too .... I learn about this from the E-Sangha .. I just started learning some very basic things about Sanskrit & Pali earlier this year.

                will try to learn more about the language and I hope I will have the perseverance on this.

                best regards.

                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 19, 2009
                  Dear Kam Leong,

                  welcome to the group, and hope to see you in our Pali discussions too.