Re: AN2.1.10 Vassuupanaayikasutta (1/1)

    Message 1 of 9 , May 2, 2009
      Dear Ven. Kumara and DC,

      thank you. I guess we have finally solved the mystery.

      * vassuupanaayikaa (f) day marking the beginning of the rains retreat.
      [lit.] beginning of rain.
      - vassa (m) rain.
      - upanaayika (adj) beginning.

      Or, if we take the "ika" to refer to the day, then it's days of vassa entry thereby making it clearer.