Re: [Pali] Re: AN2.1.10 Vassuupanaayikasutta (1/1)

  • DC Wijeratna
    Message 1 of 9 , May 1, 2009
      This is further to my e-m on the above subject.

      Everything about the vassuupanaayikaa is given in Vinaya Mahavagga: vassuupanaayikakkhandhaka, No need to guess the meaning.

      Hope this information will help.
       D. G. D. C. Wijeratna

      Message 2 of 9 , May 2, 2009
        Dear Ven. Kumara and DC,

        thank you. I guess we have finally solved the mystery.

        * vassuupanaayikaa (f) day marking the beginning of the rains retreat.
        [lit.] beginning of rain.
        - vassa (m) rain.
        - upanaayika (adj) beginning.

        Or, if we take the "ika" to refer to the day, then it's days of vassa entry thereby making it clearer.