Pali fonts display and downloadable fonts in Firefox 3.5

  • hairydogs3
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 30 9:55 PM
      I am currently looking into downloadable fonts, a new feature in Firefox 3.5; this would negate the need for every visitor to a website to have the correct font installed to see Pali diacritics displayed correctly.

      Getting the correct font to display does not seem to be a problem, however the conversion to the correct unicode characters still does not work. Has anybody had more success?

      Example here: http://journeyonwards.blogspot.com/2009/04/correct-pali-fonts-display-and-firefox.html
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2009
        Dear hairydogs3,

        Firefox 3.5 is still a beta, and I am only using 3.0. Downloadable fonts allow websites to install a font on your system if the font is not yet present. You may like to contact the particular website owner if you are having difficulties with the site, or you may feedback to the Firefox development team about a potential problem with their beta release.

        Also, the URW Palladio SKT mentioned on the site is not a Unicode font, which makes it a suitable candidate to test the new downloadable font platform.

        Hope that helps.