Brand New to Pali

  • Peter Farrell
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 26 9:02 AM
      I have been a practicing Buddhist for 30 years and now want to do a deep study of the Pali Canon so am beginning to learn Pali.I recently purchased A. K. Warders "Introduction to Pali" along with a companion CD by Ven. H. Saddhatissa that permits me to listen to the language and pronunciation, go through lessons, etc.

      My question is are there any helpful tips or actions that anyone in this group has taken when they were just learning Pali that might be of help to me. Any assistance is truly appreciated.

      metta,
      Peter Farrell
    • SJ Garette
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 27 7:44 AM
        Hi Peter,

        I am new too.  I tried to buy A.K. Warders book but it is out of print in the U.S.  If you look at the Website's Pali lessons on the Introduction you got from this group you will find several lessons to go through.  Just click on the Welcome To Pali.  Hope this helps.

        Jade

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 27 8:02 AM
          Dear Peter,
          Ria , known as 'Grasje', wrote the other day very helpful tips with
          all the links to a newcomer. You may come across it when looking at
          the Home page, community space. She may help you again.
          Nina.
          Op 26-apr-2009, om 18:02 heeft Peter Farrell het volgende geschreven: