Re: [Pali] Hello & good to be back

  • Alex Long
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 13 4:29 PM
      Thanks nina. May you be well and happy!

      --- On Fri, 13/3/09, Nina van Gorkom <vangorko@...> wrote:

      From: Nina van Gorkom <vangorko@...>
      Subject: Re: [Pali] Hello & good to be back
      To: Pali@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, 13 March, 2009, 6:46 PM

      Dear Alex,
      Op 12-mrt-2009, om 0:05 heeft duriank24 het volgende geschreven:

      > I just read the Bojjhangas: medicine that makes all diseases
      > disappear by Chanmyay Myaing Sayadaw and wish to someone explain
      > and translate the following scriptures to me:
      > a) Cittena niyati loko
      -----
      N: Is this not: niyyati? Passive of nayati: the world is guided by
      citta. This makes more sense. Kusala citta and akusala citta
      determine what the world is like.
      --------
      > A:b) the four kinds of matter or materiality
      > 1) kammaja rupa, 2) cittaja rupa, 3) utuja rupa, 4) aharaja rupa?
      -------
      N: Ruupas of the body are produced by kamma, by citta, by temperature
      of by nutrition.
      Kamma produces the senses, heartbase and sex. By citta: this is
      obvious when we frown or smile, speak or gesticulate.
      By nutrition: good and bad food affects the body.
      By temperature: obvious when you get sunburned, when your hands freeze.
      The rupas that are not of the body are produced only by the element
      of heat.

      Try cool new skins, plus more space for friends.
      Download Singapore Yahoo! Messenger now!
      http://sg.messenger.yahoo.com