RE: [Pali] Translation of aryiasaavaka

  • D.C. Wijeratna
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 6, 2009
      Hello,

      May be the real meaning of saavaka is not disciple.

      Mettaa,

      DC

      _____

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 6, 2009
        Dear AL and DC,

        as Ardavarz pointed out in his post, ariyasaavaka is a compound, and decomposing a compound, most often than not, depends on its context. A question like this present some degree of ambiguity, it is important we know if the authors quoted are referring to the same text (Pali passage) and the same usage of the compound.